Monday, October 5, 2009

Poppy Seed Chicken...with a Twist!


So, for the first few years of undergrad, John and I would go to ACF's (Auburn Christian Fellowship) "free dinner" on Thursday nights. One of the dishes people (including us) liked most was their Poppy Seed Chicken...however, unlike normal Poppy Seed Chicken, this one had noodles. It was delicious, and for a few years I searched around for a recipe online that also included noodles. And, a few nights ago, I found one! So, I decided to make it tonight, and it turned out great! Both John & I liked it, and to me it tasted just like it had at ACF! So anyways, here is the recipe (it was taken from http://heartrecipes.blogspot.com/2008/06/poppy-seed-chicken.html, but I modified it slightly):


Ingredients

  • 1 (12 oz) package egg noodles
  • 3-4 cups cooked chicken
  • 1 package of 8 ounce cream cheese
  • 2 cans cream of chicken soup
  • 2 tsp poppy seeds
  • 1-2 packets Ritz crackers
  • 1/4 stick butter, melted

Directions
  1. Cook chicken, cut up. Cook noodles and drain.
  2. Mix other ingredients.
  3. Place noodles in greased casserole dish. Pour chicken mixture on top. Crush Ritz crackers that has been tossed with melted butter, and put on top. Bake at 350 for around 25-30 minutes.


I also served it with some french bread with a garlic spread that I had made myself, and which I will include in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment