So as I sat here, trying to think of more ways to procrastinate, I remembered one of my favorite online recipes that I have made multiple times, and thought I'd share it! The URL for it is http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicken-Enchiladas-V/Detail.aspx. If you got to the website, it will let you enter how many servings you want to make, and adjust the amount of ingredients you need for that many portions!
Anyways, here is the recipe:
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers, drained
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheese **
** regular cheddar cheese always works, but I personally love Sargento Artisan Blends' AUTHENTIC Mexican Cheese. They normally don't have this at Walmart, but places like Kroger or Publix tend to carry it. But, this cheese is just my personal preference...you can't really go wrong with cheese, so pick whatever you like!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small bowl mix the soup and sour cream; set aside.
- Melt margarine in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Add onion and chili powder, and saute until tender. Stir in the chicken, chile peppers, and 2 tablespoons of the soup mixture. Cook and stir until heated through.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the soup mixture in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas, and place, seam-side-down, in the baking dish. Spoon remaining soup mixture on top, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until bubbly and lightly browned.
I always end up leaving out the onions b/c John & I aren't onion fans, but these always turn out delicious!