So, I made these last night because I had a major chocolate craving, and they turned out pretty well; John even said it was now one of his favorite desserts and gave it a 9.5 out of 10. In addition, they are easy to make, and the portions aren't huge so you don't have to feel super guilty for eating it. So, with no further ado:
Molten Chocolate Cake
- 4 pieces (squares) Semi-sweet Baking Chocolate
- ½ cups Butter
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 whole Eggs
- 2 whole Egg Yolks
- 6 Tablespoons Flour
- 2 cups Real Whipping Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Spray 4 custard cups** with cooking spray and place on cookie sheet (**you can find these in the baking section of the store, with all the pyrex baking stuff)
- Microwave chocolate and butter in large bowl on high for about 1 minute, until butter is melted; whisk until chocolate is also melted
- Stir in sugar until well blended. Whisk in eggs and egg yolks. Stir in flour.
- Divide between cups.
- Bake 13-14 minutes until sides are firm and center is soft. Let stand 1 minute.
- While cakes bake, combine sugar and heavy cream and whip until stiff (i.e., make some homemade whipped cream!)
- Invert cakes on dishes and top with whipped cream.