Monday, October 5, 2009

Chicken in a Blanket


Okay, this is my last post for the night. This is a recipe I got because my mom made these for dinner one night...they are easy to make, and IMO, pretty yummy!:


Ingredients
  • 1 pkg frozen fried chicken fingers/tenders
  • 1 pkg Pillsbury refrigerated crescent rolls
  • 1 cup Cheddar cheese
  • 1 tsp dry mustard
  • 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 6 slices cooked and crumbled bacon
Directions

Mix the last four ingredients. Put 1.5 tbsp in each roll, and then put a chicken tender (still frozen) on top (you may have to use half of the tender to make it fit); then roll up. Cook for 20 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds great! Another easy thing to do is just top chicken fingers (I let them get mostly done so they don't set soggy) with Ragu, Prego, or whatever your favorite spaghetti sauce is and some mozzarella cheese. Not quite chicken parmigiana but close, and better than just boring chicken fingers. Mom took this idea from me (which I got from my brother) and took it to a couple church functions and a family reunion and brought back an empty dish each time.

    Let me know if you find any low-GI / diabetic recipes that are easy to make... I'm doing NS-D now, but I think I can cook cheaper / better for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds good...I'll have to try it!
    I'll keep a look out for such recipes...I love my carbs/sugar, but I really need to cut back on them, so finding recipes like that would be good!

    ReplyDelete