I found this recipe on the Betty Crocker website. It turned out all right; both John and I liked it. It wasn't quite as good as I had thought it might be, but I'd still give it a 6 or a 7 out of ten. I did substitute a few ingredients (reeses instead of chocolate covered peanuts, a chocolate-peanutbutter brownie mix instead of chocolate-PB cookies) because of personal preference and not being able to find the cookie mix the original recipe described. So anyways, above is the link to the original recipe, and below is my slightly modified version:
- 1 package brownie mix (whichever flavor you like)
- vegetable oil (however much brownie mix requires
- eggs (however much brownie mix requires)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanutbutter
- 1.5 cups heavy whipping cream
- mini reeses, chopped/crumbled
1. Make brownies as directed on box (using oil, water, and egg(s)). Bake & cool as directed. Cut them up
2. Melt butter & sugar in saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, till mixture is smooth. Stir in peanut butter till well blended. Refrigerate 30 mins.
3. Beat whipping cream in chilled bowl w/electric mixer on high speed, till soft. Fold into peanut butter mixture.
4. Place half of brownie pieces of bottom of trifle bowl. Spoon half of peanut butter mixture over brownies. Top with remaining brownies & peanut butter mixture. Cover & refrigerate at least 2 hours, but no longer than 12 hours. Sprinkle with reeses.