I got this recipe from John's mom, Patti, who got it from her mom (his grandma June). John had mentioned several times how good it was, so I thought I'd ask Patti for it. She confirmed it was indeed a family favorite, and passed along the recipe. I made it the other night--both John and I liked it. I shared some of the left overs with Katharine, who also really liked it.
Macaroni Cheese Pie
· 1 cup Macaroni
· ½ tsp salt
· 1 tbsp butter, melted
· 1 egg, beaten
· 1 tsp salt
· 1 tsp dry mustard
· 2 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese
· 1 cup velveeta, cubed
· 1 cup milk
· Ritz crackers, crushed
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees.
2. Cook Macaroni in 2 cups boiling water and 1/2 teaspoon salt
3. Placed cooked macaroni in casserole dish.
4. Melt butter
5. Beat egg
6. Stir in melted butter, beaten egg, 1 teaspoon salt, mustard, cheddar cheese & velveeta.
7. Pour 1 cup milk over macaroni mixture and stir.
8. Top with crushed ritz crackers and dabs of butter.
9. Cook 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.