Friday, October 30, 2009

Macaroni Cheese Pie



I got this recipe from John's mom, Patti, who got it from her mom (his grandma June). John had mentioned several times how good it was, so I thought I'd ask Patti for it. She confirmed it was indeed a family favorite, and passed along the recipe. I made it the other night--both John and I liked it. I shared some of the left overs with Katharine, who also really liked it.

Macaroni Cheese Pie


Ingredients

· 1 cup Macaroni

· ½ tsp salt

· 1 tbsp butter, melted

· 1 egg, beaten

· 1 tsp salt

· 1 tsp dry mustard

· 2 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese

· 1 cup velveeta, cubed

· 1 cup milk

· Ritz crackers, crushed

Directions

1. Preheat oven 350 degrees.

2. Cook Macaroni in 2 cups boiling water and 1/2 teaspoon salt

3. Placed cooked macaroni in casserole dish.

4. Melt butter

5. Beat egg

6. Stir in melted butter, beaten egg, 1 teaspoon salt, mustard, cheddar cheese & velveeta.

7. Pour 1 cup milk over macaroni mixture and stir.

8. Top with crushed ritz crackers and dabs of butter.

9. Cook 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.

2 comments:

  1. hmmm, i'm not so big on velveeta, and i'd probably throw a bit of onion in there, but this sounds like one worth trying

    keep 'em coming

    g

    grownmanmusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I should have said that the velveeta is optional. The 2 1/2 cups of regular cheese would be fine by itself, but I decided that I would add the velveeta. I'm not an onion fan...though some onion powder might make it yummy (to me).

    ReplyDelete