Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Burrito Casserole



I know I've already posted several burrito/enchilada recipes already, but this was pretty good so I thought I'd share:

Ingredients
1.5 lbs ground beef
1 small onion, chopped (or, 1 tsp onion powder)
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 cup sour cream
2 cans soup (the original recipe called for cream of mushroom, but I decided to use fiesta nacho cheese, and it still turned out well)
1 can Rotel tomatoes (I omitted these b/c we aren't fans of tomatoes, but you can add them if you wish)
8 flour tortillas
shredded cheese, as desired (I used Monterey Jack...even though I had already added the cheesey soup. We like cheese)

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Brown meat & onion, add taco seasoning, and mix well
  3. To meat mixture, stir in 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/2 can soup and heat thoroughly
  4. Take 1/4 cup of meat mixture and place in a tortilla, roll up, place in dish seam sided down (repeat)
  5. Place remaining sour cream, soup, and Rotel tomatoes in saucepan and heat for 2-3 minutes
  6. Pour sauce over burritos, and sprinkle with cheese
  7. Bake in oven till bubbly (I did it for 25-30 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment