Sunday, January 17, 2010

Apple Cinnamon Pecan Bread Pudding

The following recipe is one sent to me by my dear friend, Jonna. I have not made it myself yet...but I am sure it is delicious! Below is the e-mail/recipe Jonna sent me. Enjoy!:

"This is one that I sort of made up. I was attempting to make a very unhealthy recipe healthy and also use what I had on hand. But the healthy part didn't happen ;) It and it is called,

Apple Cinnamon Pecan Bread Pudding

Ingredients
1 cup whole wheat flour
2/3 cup plain flour
1 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp.salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. apple pie spice (you can use 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and 1/2 tsp. nutmeg if you want)
2/3 cups sugar
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup Crisco
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 cup of apple pie filling
1/3 cup water
1 cup of chopped pecans

Directions
Grease and flour a regular loaf pan. Mix whole wheat flour, plain flour, powder, soda, salt, and apple pie spice. In a separate bowl, cream Crisco, sugar, honey and vanilla. Add eggs. Add apple pie filling to sugar mixture, do not beat with a mixer after this point. The chunks of apples are good to have. Stir in dry ingredients alternately with water in four additions. Fold in nuts. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Remove from oven, break open the top to expose uncooked part of bread. Cook an additional 10 minutes until done, but still moist. We just dip it out of the pan with a spoon."


Sure sounds yummy to me...I'll have to make it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment