Cheesy Beefy Quesadillas
- 2 large La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious Low Carb/High Fiber tortillas
- 2/3 cup frozen ground-beef-style soy crumbles (like the ones by Boca and Morningstar Farms)
- 1/2 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- One wedge The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss cheese
- 2 tbsp. fat-free sour cream
- 1 tbsp. chopped scallions
- 1/2 tsp. dry taco seasoning mix
- Optional: additional fat-free sour cream, for dipping
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine soy crumbles, cheddar cheese, scallions, sour cream, and seasoning mix, stirring thoroughly. Microwave for 1 minute, stir again, and set aside.
- Lay tortillas flat and spread cheese wedge evenly over one half of each.
- Bring a medium-large pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat, and lay one of the tortillas in it with the cheesy side up, and cook for about 30 seconds. Top the cheesy tortilla half with half of the soy crumble mixture. Using a spatula, carefully fold the plain tortilla half over the other half, pressing down with the spatula to seal. Cook for about 1 minute, until slightly toasted on the bottom. Flip and continue to cook for about 1 minute, until both sides are toasted. Remove from heat and cut into four triangles.
- Repeat for other quesadilla.
- Serve with sour cream for dipping, if you like. Enjoy!
Serving Size: entire quesadilla
Per serving: Calories: 196; Fat: 5g; Sodium: 931mg; Carbs: 25g; Fiber: 13.5g; Sugars: 2.5g; Protein: 25.5g; POINTS® value 4*
I couldn't find the aforementioned tortillas...so if you can't, maybe try and find another low fat and/or low carb tortilla.
"Just Fondue It"
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- dash salt
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbs plain light soymilk
- 3 ounces fat free cheddar cheese block (cut into smaller blocks)
- 2 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss cheese
- 2 slices reduced-fat swiss cheese, torn into pieces
- 2 tbs fat free cream cheese
- 2 tbs dry white wine
- chili powder, if desired
- Bring saucepan sprayed w/nonstick spray to medium low heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add soymilk, all four cheeses, and salt. Cook for 3-4 mins (or however long it takes), stirring continuously, till cheeses have melted and sauce is thoroughly mixed.
- Reduce heat to low and add wine (and chili powder if desired). Stir until combined. Transfer mixture to fondue pot and set temperature to low.
Makes 4 servings
PER SERVING (about 3 tablespoons): 89 calories, 2.5g fat, 548mg sodium, 3g carbs, 0g fiber, 2g sugars, 10g protein POINTS® value 2*