- 2 (5 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts (raw)
- 2/3 cup Fiber One cereal
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters, Original**
- 1.5 tsp. reduced fat grated parmesan cheese
- 2 oz. (approx. 1/2 cup) shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup canned tomato sauce
- Optional: garlic powder, basil, oregano, salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a blender or food processor, grind Fiber One cereal to a breadcrumb-like consistency. Add parmesan to crumbs (if desired, season crumbs with optional spices, as well).
- Place crumbs in one small dish and Egg Beaters in another.
- Next, pound your chicken so it's a bit flattened.
- Coat raw chicken on both sides with Egg Beaters, and then coat with crumb mixture. Place chicken on a baking pan sprayed with nonstick spray. Spray a light mist of nonstick spray on top of chicken and place in oven.
- Cook for 10 minutes, and then turn chicken over. Add another light mist of nonstick spray and cook for an additional 10 - 12 minutes (or until chicken is fully cooked and coating looks crispy).
- Meanwhile, if desired, mix tomato sauce with your seasonings of choice.
- Remove chicken from oven, top with sauce and then cheese, and return chicken to oven until cheese is melted.
Per Serving (1 chicken breast): Calories: 295; Fat: 3.5g; Sodium: 890mg; Carbs: 27g; Fiber: 11g; Sugars: 3.5g; Protein: 46.5g; 5 Weight Watchers Points
- 2 packages House Foods Tofu Shirataki Fettuccine Shaped Noodle Substitute**
- 2 tsp. fat-free sour cream
- 4 tsp. reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping
- 2 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss cheese
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Use a strainer to rinse and drain shirataki noodles well. Pat dry. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave for 1 minute. Drain excess liquid. Dry as thoroughly as possible, using paper towels. Cut noodles up a bit, using kitchen shears if you've got 'em.//Or, if using real pasta noodles: cook noodles, strain, and separate out 2 cups of it.
- To noodles, add sour cream, grated topping, and cheese wedges, breaking cheese wedges into pieces as you add them. Microwave for 2 minute.
- Stir well and then season to taste with salt and pepper.
PER SERVING (half of recipe): 99 calories, 4g fat, 376mg sodium, 9.5g carbs, 4g fiber, 1g sugars, 5.5g protein -- POINTS® value 2 **
**This is assuming you use the tofu noodles. If you sub whole wheat pasta, points value changes to about 5. If regular pasta, about 6. Those are still better nutrition wise than what you'd get at a restaurant!