- Weight Watcher's Veal Scaloppine
- Hungry Girl's "2-Good Twice Baked Potatoes"
- Salad w/Weight Watcher's Blue Cheese Dressing
- 8 thin-sliced veal cutlets (about 1 lb)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 tsp unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- Sprinkle veal with paprika, salt, and pepper
- Melt 1 tsp of butter in nonstick skillet over medium high heat
- Add veal and cook till lightly browned, about 2 mins/side. Add broth, lemon juice, wine, and oregano; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, turning the veal once, till the veal is cooked through, about 2 mins
Serving size = 2 veal cutlets and 2 tbs sauce
Per serving: 4 weight watchers points (171 cals; 6 g fat)
Somehow I cooked the veal in such a way that it was too chewy for me to eat--but John liked it (as evidence by how much he ate of it).
Twice Baked Potatoes
- 2 medium sized baking potatos
- 2 Slices Kraft Fat Free Cheese - American
- 2 oz. Fat Free Original Liquid Coffee-mate (or other non-dairy creamer)
- Paprika, salt, parsley
- Preheat oven to 375
- Peel the skin off the top side of the potatoes, and bake in microwave until soft. (Times vary for different microwaves. Poke holes in potatos with fork, and cover for best results.)
- When potatos are cooked, scoop out the inside of the potatos, leaving behind empty potato "shells." Take steaming hot potatoes, add cheese, Coffee-mate and a little salt. Mash it all together until the cheese melts and you're left with a creamy, cheesy mashed potato mixture.
- Place potato mixture back into the potato shells, sprinkle with paprika & parsley. Bake in a for 20-30 minutes or until top is nice and brown.
Per Potato: 156 calories, 0g of fat, 3g protein, 31 carbs, 3g fiber. (3 WW points)
These were good. Not as good as say, a regular twice baked potato, but pretty darn good for only 3 points.
Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1/2 cup lowfat buttermilk
- 2 tbs reduced-cal mayo
- 2 tbs crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- pinch cayenne
- 2 tsp fresh chives
In blender/food processor, combine everything but the chives (pulse till nearly smooth). Sprinkle in the chives. Cover and refrigerate at least 1/2 hour (or up to 2 days) to allow flavors to blend.
1 serving= 2 tbs
Per serving: 27 cal, 2 g fat (1 Weight Watcher's Point)
Note, this really only makes enough dressing for 2-4 people.
I have made this before and liked it--and this was still true today.