Thursday, April 1, 2010

Poulet de Normandy

So, I apologize for such a long hiatus. I have been EXTREMELY busy with school, and I haven't tried many new recipes lately. However, this week I have tried out two recipes never-before-seen on this blog, and in this post and the next I will share them with you. Monday, I made "Poulet De Normandy," which is a super yummy dish that I get when I go to one of my favorite Huntsville restaurants, Victoria's cafe. I found a recipe for it in a cookbook given to me by John's grandmother as one of my shower gifts...it is from her church, and it has a ton of fantastic recipes (including Joy's Chicken, which I posted about before, as well as the recipe I will put in my next post). Anyways, here it is:

Poulet De Normandy

















(The fact there are carrots in this picture, which I abhor, indicates that I found this picture online...haha)


Day 1

Ingredients
  • 1 (16 oz) package seasoned stuffing mix
  • 1 cup hot water
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup chopped green onion
  • 1/2 cup diced celery
  • 1/2 cup mayo
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 2 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 1/2 cups milk
Directions
  1. Combine stuffing mix w/hot water and butter, and then set aside
  2. Mix onion, celery, mayo, salt, and chicken, and then set aside
  3. In a lightly greased 9x13 dish, spread half of the stuffing mixture
  4. Spread all of the chicken mixture over stuffing, then spread the remaining stuffing mix over the chicken
  5. Combine beaten eggs and milk, and beat again
  6. Pour egg mix over chicken and stuffing
  7. Cover and refrigerate over night

Day 2

Ingredients
  • 1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions
  1. Remove from fridge 30 minutes before baking, and spread soup on top
  2. Preheat oven to 425
  3. Bake 30-40 mins or until heated thoroughly
  4. Remove from oven and sprinkle cheese on top
  5. Return to oven and bake an additional 10 mins

I looove Poulet; its a lot of work, and ummm, calories, but every now in then, worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment