Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Enchiladas & Queso





Tonight I made some Beef Enchiladas; I got the recipe off of Sargento's website (you can find it here), but I'm sure you find similar recipes all over the internet. Here it is:

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Cook meat with onion and garlic in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until no longer pink, about 5 minutes; drain. Stir in 1/2 cup enchilada sauce; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
  2. Spoon 1/2 cup enchilada sauce in bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Stir 1 cup cheese and 1/4 cup cilantro into meat mixture. Spoon about 1/3 cup mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up; place seam-sides down in dish. Spoon remaining enchilada sauce over tortillas, spreading to cover. Cover dish with foil.
  3. Bake in a preheated 375°F oven 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; top with remaining cheese. Continue baking 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with remaining 1/4 cup cilantro.


I also found a recipe for queso on Sargento's site, and served it with the enchiladas. The original recipe can be found here, HOWEVER, I think that the original recipe doesn't call for enough cheese (it says 1/2 cup, but I've found the mixture is way too liquidy when you add 1/2 cup, so I add 1 cup)....so below is my modified version:

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Heat heavy cream in saucepan on high. Add spices and season with salt, if desired. Add cheese and stir until melted. Remove from heat and serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment