Yep, turkey meatballs! I know people are often hesitant about substituting turkey for beef, but these are pretty good! Even John gave them an 8/10 (and he likes his beef!) AND, they are less calories! So, here is the recipe:
- 1.75 lbs of ground skinless turkey breast
- 1/2 cup Italian-seasoned dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 eggs whites
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, spray with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Shape and roll the mixture into balls (this makes approximately 20 meatballs)
- Place on baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until fully cooked through. Transfer the meatballs to a plate.
- Serve with pasta, or on a sandwich, or however you please!