Wednesday, January 20, 2010

More Product Reccomendations



So, I mentioned in my last past that I have a Hungry Girl cookbook (link to her website listed with others links on left)...for those of you who don't know, she has a fab website, great cookbooks, and a daily e-mail newsletter. They are chalked full of yummy recipes (desserts, entrees, etc...but all with lower calories/fat/sugar), dieting tips, new low cal snacks/products, info on restaurant's offering some yummy but healthy dishes, and more. Even if you're a guy, I would recommend going to her site at the least, signing up for her newsletter and/or getting one of her cookbooks. I mean really--she has recipes for cupcakes, cheesecake, chicken fingers, wings, nachos, fondue, etc, etc...all of which you can eat and not feel bad about it! Tonight I will be making her Too Good Twice Baked Potatoes with our meal. Will post more on that after dinner.



ANYWAYS, one product she has recommended before is Guiltless Gourmet Tortilla Chips. Kroger didn't have a big selection (and I had too look in the Organic/Natural section), so I just got blue corn tortilla chips. But apparently there are black bean flavored, nacho flavored, etc. I tried them today with my Smart Ones' enchiladas (more on those below) and some salsa. I will say, they tasted okay (they are low cal), BUT they did give a nice crunch and medium to eat my salsa on. So, if you're looking for chips to eat by themselves, these might not be the best...but if you want to use them for dips and such, they are a good choice. I mean, as far as nutrition goes, you get 18 chips for only 2 weight watcher's points (120 cals ; 3 g fat ; 2 g fiber; 3 g protein for 18 chips)



Finally, I would like to recommend Smart Ones' Chicken Enchiladas Suiza. As far as diet frozen food goes, it was one of the better meals I had. I mean, it's "served in a zesty sour cream and green chile sauce with Spanish rice"! ;-) Really, it was tasty, and only 6 weight watcher's points. For full nutrition, go the link I just mentioned (it has a nutrition label on the page).


That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment