So, when I first started this blog, I made a post about my favorite Enchiladas recipe (for that post, go here), which I initially found on All Recipes (entitled "Chicken Enchiladas V"). I have made these enchiladas multiple times since finding the recipe a few years ago, and have always loved how scrumptious they were. So, I just couldn't let the fact that I am reducing my cals/fat stop me from enjoying these, so I made a lower calorie/fat version. The recipe is below:
Ingredients (FF = Fat Free; RF= Reduced Fat)
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can 98% FF condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup FF sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (or 2 (10 oz) cans chicken breast chunks in water))
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers, drained
- 8 (8 inch) 96% FF Mission flour tortillas
- 1 bag RF Mexican Cheese Bland (Like Sargento)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small bowl mix the soup and sour cream; set aside.
- Melt margarine in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Add onion and chili powder, and saute until tender. Stir in the chicken, chile peppers, and 2 tablespoons of the soup mixture. Cook and stir until heated through.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the soup mixture in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas, and place, seam-side-down, in the baking dish. Spoon remaining soup mixture on top, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until bubbly and lightly browned.
Per Enchilada: 306 Cals; 10 g Fat; 3 g Fiber... 6 Weight Watcher's Points (I double checked to make sure my calculations are correct, so hopefully they are)
Considering all the swaps I made, I was pretty happy with these. They were still creamy and yummy, and not nearly as bad for you as the original! John liked them, too. =)