Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Guilt Free Chicken & Cheese Enchiladas


So, when I first started this blog, I made a post about my favorite Enchiladas recipe (for that post, go here), which I initially found on All Recipes (entitled "Chicken Enchiladas V"). I have made these enchiladas multiple times since finding the recipe a few years ago, and have always loved how scrumptious they were. So, I just couldn't let the fact that I am reducing my cals/fat stop me from enjoying these, so I made a lower calorie/fat version. The recipe is below:

Ingredients (FF = Fat Free; RF= Reduced Fat)
  • 1 (10.75 ounce) can 98% FF condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1/2 cup FF sour cream
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (or 2 (10 oz) cans chicken breast chunks in water))
  • 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers, drained
  • 8 (8 inch) 96% FF Mission flour tortillas
  • 1 bag RF Mexican Cheese Bland (Like Sargento)
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a small bowl mix the soup and sour cream; set aside.
  3. Melt margarine in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Add onion and chili powder, and saute until tender. Stir in the chicken, chile peppers, and 2 tablespoons of the soup mixture. Cook and stir until heated through.
  4. Spread 1/2 cup of the soup mixture in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas, and place, seam-side-down, in the baking dish. Spoon remaining soup mixture on top, and sprinkle with cheese.
  5. Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until bubbly and lightly browned.
Nutrition
Per Enchilada: 306 Cals; 10 g Fat; 3 g Fiber... 6 Weight Watcher's Points (I double checked to make sure my calculations are correct, so hopefully they are)

The Verdict
Considering all the swaps I made, I was pretty happy with these. They were still creamy and yummy, and not nearly as bad for you as the original! John liked them, too. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment